Thursday, February 5, 2009

A conversation that makes you think about what you really know and don't know

The other day on the way to Kourtney's soccer game, Callie started asking me questions about Jesus. Here is how the conversation went.

Callie: Momma, why did Jesus die?
Me: He died so that someday we would know how to live and be able to go to Heaven
Callie: Did you know they put him in a "boon" (tomb)?
Me: Yes and do you know what happened when his mom went to see him?
Callie: Yeah! He wasn't there!
Me: That's right. Do you know where he went?
Callie: Did he go to Heaven?
Me: No not yet. He rose and went and saw his apostles
Callie: Who were his Popsicles?
Me (laughing): I don't remember all their names, so before bed tonight we will read the story about Jesus dying
Callie: Ok. I know where my Bible is and I will find it!!

After that, I realized that I couldn't answer a question that seemed to be so simple and that I should know. It also made me think about how I need to spend more time in study so that I can give the girls, or myself more answers. I want to be the best Godly woman, wife, and mother that I can be and to do that, I am going to need a lot of help. Just the little conversations in life mean so much more now and to a three year old, she was just asking questions.

No comments: