The excitement all started bright and early Monday morning. Todd and I dropped Callie and Kadee off at Mema's house and headed to the hospital, when I got a phone call from the nurse saying they were doing CPR on Gracie and that she had coded. When we got her, they had gotten her back, thank goodness! Dr. Robinson and Dr. Harrell both felt that they still needed to do the cath to see exactly what was going on. The nurses and team to move her had to transfer Gracie to a crib because everything and everyone wouldn't fit in the elevator. That seemed like the tension was horrible to watch!
After 3 hours in the cath lab, we talked to Dr. Robinson and was not expecting what came next. He said that the bottom lobe of the left lung was not functioning and needed to be removed or that we could do nothing and keep Gracie comfortable because she would probably not survive. Todd and I had a lot of alone time and talked to a lot of doctors to get the best decision for her. About 9 pm last night, Todd and I decided to let them do the surgery.
So, today, Gracie had 25% of the lower lobe of the left lung removed. The surgery took about 4 hours and the waiting was horrible. We didn't get any updates and that didn't please Dr. Harrell too much, but overall he was pleased with the surgery. He said it was a very difficult and tedious surgery but that Gracie tolerated pretty well. Dr. Harrell did say that the chest x-ray looked better but I have not seen it. We still don't know how effective this surgery will be and there is no percentage that he can give us, but Todd and I both know that God is in control and Gracie is and always has been a fighter. As I sit with her tonight, she is doing pretty good. Her blood pressure is elevated a little as well as her temperature.
The next couple of days are going to be the hardest part to see what is going to happen. I know you are praying and we thank you so much. It is hard to see my little girl like she is but whatever happens, we know that we will have no regrets. God is so good and amazing!
Review: The Luminaries
2 years ago




5 comments:
We're praying hard that Gracie gets better soon!!
Love y'all!
and YOU are amazing! I would like to believe that I would be as strong and faithful as you have been throughout this entire journey, but I don't know that I would! Praying deligently.
You and your family are an inspiration to us all, praise God for answered prayers, and we will not stop praying!
I am Chrissy Cross' aunt. She has asked us to pray for Gracie and the family. My daughter has a little girl born about 1 yr. ago that was not supposed to survive out of the womb, but God did amazing things and she is with us today, though with a condition called arthrogyposis. Your faith and strength is an inspiration to many. God is glorified through you and Gracie.
Just want you to know we are praying for Gracie, and all of you. I pray that I can have the peace you do when we are in your situation. You are always in my thoughts.
Post a Comment