I bet most of you know by now, but we are in Houston with Gracie. Sunday she started coughing really deep and Callie was throwing up so I called Monday morning to get them to the doctor. They could not get them in until Tuesday so off we went on Tuesday morning. When we got there, I undressed Gracie to weigh her and she threw up everywhere! After cleaning up everyone and the doctors office, we weighed her and the nurse came around the corner to see Gracie. She took one look at her and told the nurse tech to go get the doctor now.
Anyway, Gracie's temp was 94.1 and she was gray! I knew right then we were headed to the hospital. They called an ambulance and took Gracie and I to er with oxygen on and Callie being the trooper she is stayed at the doctor's office until Kristi came and got her. At the er they did a bunch of test and said that Gracie had pneumonia. Well, so we knew we would stay for a few days. The cardiologist came in later that night and told me and my mom that he was not convinced that this was pneumonia but rather it was the valve acting up so I stayed the night and poor Gracie, they did not let her eat! (did i mention that Todd was throwing up on Tuesday and where was kadee? she was with todd's parents to try and avoid her getting sick!)
Yesterday they did an echo cardiogram at 10 and about 12, the picu dr came in and said that he wanted us in Houston! So I rushed home, threw everything in a suitcase and todd, still not feeling good, did the same and rushed back to the hospital. Todd and my dad left at 3:30 yesterday and me and Gracie got to fly on a Kangaroo crew jet! Boy, that was fun! (it was okay until we were about to land and I thought we might die but we didn't)
Last night they did an xray of her chest and blood work, but will keep repeating every other test today including another echo. So as of right now, she will be watched very closely and the team of cardiologists and surgeons will determine what the best next step for Gracie will be. They did finally let her eat and what a difference that made!
Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers already. I don't know what we would do without helpful and supportive parents and family along with friends! I will try to keep you updated as much as possible!
Review: The Luminaries
2 years ago




2 comments:
Thanks for updating. You are all in our prayers!
We are praying for you! BIG PRAYERS!!!
Post a Comment