So it has been a little over a week since Gracie has gone to Heaven and we are managing. I have had my moments, usually at night, but just keep busy and get the house cleaned, laundry done, etc. Todd went back to work yesterday and I think that is good for him, but I don't know about for me. I kind of got used to him being here!
We did get a lot accomplished this week along with our drama. We got new tires in the snow on Monday, Callie fell off the kitchen counter and scraped her back Tuesday, but Wednesday was the day full of drama. We went to eat lunch with Todd's parents and sister and then for ice cream.
Later on that day, we decided to just go take a drive for a while. We were getting things ready when we heard Kadee screaming bloody murder! Todd and I just thought that she was mad because she was stuck inside but when we saw her, she had gotten her tongue stuck in the opening of a metal water bottle! We couldn't help but laugh but also got concerned when Todd was pulling her head back and I'm trying to squeeze her tongue out and it is not budging! We finally got it out and I made her take a sippy cup. I was so worried about her tongue I kept asking her to show it to me and she finally said, "It's going to be okay mama!" Such a big girl!
Thursday we went to lunch with the Ellyson girls and then to get Easter dresses! So far, a pretty good week. There have been ups and downs but I know that it will be that way for a while or forever!
Review: The Luminaries
2 years ago




4 comments:
She will be with you every moment of every day and I hope that brings you peace. We sure do love you and you family!
Sometimes you just do what you can to get through each day, and that is ok, every day is just a step closer to seeing your sweet baby again.
I love Kadee! That was too sweet. I bet whenever you start to feel really awful, Callie or Kadee will find a way to bring a smile to your face!
I am glad Kadee's tounge is okay - funny story! We still pray for you often!
Post a Comment