Two weeks of school are done and I was very glad yesterday was Friday. All of my classes seem to be really good and I think it is going to be a good year. All of my classes are under 30 except for 7th period, which already had 35 in it as of Wednesday. Yesterday during 7th period, I had 7 more students come in to ADD to the rest of them and then 5 that dropped. It was crazy. I had 42 in my room at once. Some of the principals walked by so I made sure they knew what was going on. Still after it was all said and done, there are still 37 in my class and it was too many. I had kids sitting on the floor and at tables around the room. Hopefully it will get leveled by Tuesday when I have that class again. I know it is a TAKS class, but there is almost no way to teach 37 kids! Yesterday, I also got my 8 freshman cheerleaders. I am looking forward to starting to get to know them. I'm still really excited about this school year and ready to get all the schedule changes taken care of so that the students and me can settle into our routine without many disruptions.
No comments:
Post a Comment