Monday, November 24, 2008

Latest Dr appt

Today I went to the doctor for just a monthly check. He wanted to make sure that I was aware of everything going on. The baby's heart rate was 139 which is good and she is moving around like crazy now so I bet she just keeps going. He (the Dr) was a little concerned about a sonogram I had last week but just mainly to plan more before delivering. Right now, he said my placenta looks like it is trying to attach to the muscle of the uterus. He also said that it looks like it is trying to squeeze between the uterus and bladder, so that may cause some complications. Like I said before, he really is not concerned with the safety of the baby, but rather wants to make sure that he has everything and everyone during the delivery. He said something about delivering a little early depending on the situation but will want to do an amino before he does that. He said that if it is attached to the uterus or anywhere, he will need to have more blood and an urologist in the room with him in case there needs to be any repair done. The possibility of a hysterectomy will be in there if the need to arise. I am torn about that. I know that it will probably come in the future and we are done having kids, but it is just so final!

Anyway, enough rambling, he said sometimes all this turns out to be nothing and is the best case scenario, but at least he is taking the precautions now. Isn't technology great? I can't imagine life without it. I know that whatever happens will be okay and just want to make sure that mainly the baby is okay. Right now, I just put it in God's hands. Everything happens for a reason and the outcome will be fine no matter what.

2 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

We will pray that all works out. It is good for dr.'s to be cautious, but hopefully everything will end up being no big deal. Glad the baby looks good.

Amy said...

We will be praying for you. Better to have a cautious doctor than one that doesn't care.