Yesterday, the doctors did another
eckocardiogram. They said that the blood vessels and bridge has not closed like they hoped with the medication. He also said that since it was causing Gracie to have a lot of problems, he did not think that the surgery was going to help a whole lot right now, so he wants to keeps checking every couple of weeks. He said that he would rather wait to do
the surgery until she is older and weighing about 10 pounds or about 6 months. She is up to 15 inches long and
weighs about 2 pounds 10 ounces. I got to give her a bath yesterday and that just about wore her out, but it was a good feeling! I am about to go see her so maybe I will get to feed her today!
2 comments:
Robyn- I am enjoying reading your blog and keeping up with the latest news about Gracie. She is so cute with those big round eyes. Your mom (Mema) keeps me up to date on developments concerning both you and Gracie.
Both of you seem to be doing so well. I know that you are tired, so hang in there and keep the positive attitude and Gracie will do great!
Tom
hey Robyn! I am so glad things are going ok. Please let me know if you need anything or need sympathy, support etc. I know how hard it is to have a preemie, we never went thru NICU, but it was still very hard-Praying for you guys!
Sarah
Post a Comment