Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update on Gracie today

Today when Todd and I got to the hospital around 12:00, they were doing an ekocardiogram on Gracie. They suspected a heart murmur but were checking things out to be on the safe side. I just talked to the nurse a few minutes ago and she said that the test came back where Gracie has a blood vessel and a bridge that is causing teh bllood to not get to her heart and lungs. She said that normally this closes right after the baby is born but Gracie's has not closed yet. She said that they would give her 3 doses of medicine and then will check it again tomorrow night or Thursday morning. The medicine they are giving her is really hard on the kidneys so they will have to watch her urine output closely. If the medicine does not work, they may either do another round of medicine or could possibly have to do surgery to close it up. I guess that decision will be made probably on Thursday.

On a better note, the nurse got to take her IV out of her belly and put it in her foot. They said that is a step up. Just another way that she is showing us what a fighter and a true miracle she is. She is also only 1 ounce away from her birth weight! Gracie is now 2 pounds 7 ounces which is amazing. We thought it would probably be almost another week until she starting gaining weight.

Please just keep our family in your prayers. I know that without those Gracie and I would not be here today. God stills performs miracles and most of the doctors say that there was something bigger in the delivery room last week. We still have a long recovery ahead of us and Gracie has been great, so please just keep the prayers coming! We are just praying that she gets to come home healthy and we know that it will be a while. Thanks again to all who have been praying and giving us support. It really means the world to Todd and I.

2 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

Robyn
You have been in my prayers everyday. Let me know if I can do anything else. Your story is such an incredible testimony to the power of God.

Amy said...

We are still praying for you and Gracie. Keep up posted and let us know what we can do. You have some casseroles coming your way soon.