Gracie Robyn Tidwell decided to come into the world on Tuesday night at 8:29. She was 2 pounds 8 ounces and 14 inches long.
Most of you know the story by now, but she is my true hero and the one who saved my life. I came to the hospital because of severe cramping that I had never felt before. God was definitely around and present because there just happened to be doctors who were about to walk out the door. Todd and my mom met me up here and Dr. Hales did a sonogram. He could not find anything wrong with the baby and her heart rate was good at the time, so Todd went to find our car at school and come back to the hospital. After he left, they moved me rooms and beds. Mom was here by herself and after the move, they lost her hear beat for a second. When they finally found it, it was at 70, therefore causing an emergency c-section to be preformed. I was pretty out of it due to Demeral and all I remember was people running around. I don't know what time they started the surgery but once they got in there, they got Gracie out and then found that I was bleeding internally and that my uterus had ruptured. Dr. Owens was the delivering doctor and she had called her dad in to do a hysterectomy. All of the doctors are amazed and all said that they had never seen that before where there was no external bleeding and it was all internal bleeding. All I know is that if Gracie's heart rate would not have dropped, we both would not be here today and that is a very scary thought, but as Maxine Stutler told me yesterday, "God still has a plan for me," and I truly believe that if it was not for all the prayers and thoughts that I would not be here today. I spent the night in ICU just to get blood and Gracie is in NICU and had to be on oxygen only which is a miracle.
Todd was the one who named Gracie. We did not have a name before she was born, but she was born by the grace of God. I told him on Wednesday that we needed to get a name and he said that he already had it. I loved it and said okay. I knew that it meant a lot to him and that we all were just scared and letting God take control of the situation.
Callie is starting to understand that her baby sister is out of Mommy's tummy but doesn't get why she can't go see her. Kadee is not understanding any of this. I think that she just knows something is wrong since Mommy has not been home.
Review: The Luminaries
2 years ago




3 comments:
You all are in our prayers. I love the name!
It was great to see you yesterday. I hope your recovery is fast and PLEASE let us know if you need anything!
Stephen and I are so happy that all is well. We will keep Gracie and mommy is our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to meeting her.
Roberta and Stephen
Post a Comment